As of this month I want to make a summary looking back on what I did the previous month books-wise. This can be about anything concerning the books I’ve bought, read, reviewed, discovered etc.
March has been a good month readingwise! Where December and January were terrible on the bookreading-count due to many personal circumstances and February was back to average, this month I was on fire!
This was a result of more time to read because the problematic circumstances are clearing up nicely plus amazing and compelling books that kept drawing me to them every spare minute.
– I discovered some new (at least to me) and promising authors: Sydney Croft, Deborah Cooke, Jaci Burton, Jami Alden, Alyssa Brooks. Their books are either on the wishlist or were ordered. These discoveries were all made cruising along several author’s blogs and websites so if you want to keep your wishlist manageable I do not advise you to do that. My wishlist hasn’t been manageable for over a year now, I don’t think that’s ever going to change *wink*
– I re-acquainted myself with Nicole Jordan (one of the first authors I read in English) with the first two books of her lovely new regency trilogy: The Courtship Wars Trilogy
– I went on a shopping spree (partially sponsored by hubby dear and some giftcertificates from my employer for an online bookstore) buying romantic suspense like crazy: Cindy Gerard’s Bodyguard Series and Marliss Melton’s Navy Seals Series
– I was blown away by my first Shannon McKenna-book. A book that had been on my shelves and TBR-pile, together with her other books, for over 6 months and I’m really kicking myself for not starting on this author sooner
– I indulged myself in the medieval paradise created by Paula Quinn reading her Risande Trilogy. Again books that were on my shelves and TBR-pile for a long time: I’m almost ashamed to say it but for nearly a year. All I can say is: If you have anything by Paula on your shelf, READ IT! You won’t be disappointed!
– I dove deeper into the magical world of the Magic Series by Cheyenne McCray…a series that’s really starting to grow on me and I’m liking it better with every book
– I read two ARC’s for REALMS ON OUR BOOKSHELVES: Book 4 in Sally MacKenzie‘s regency Naked Nobility Series and the first book of (my favourite author)Gena Showalter‘s new paranormal Lords of the Underworld Series. As soon as they’re placed on REALMS ON OUR BOOKSHELVES I’ll let you know.
– I won a goodiebag in the Easter-contest organised by the ladies of REALMS ON OUR BOOKSHELVES with lots of bookmarks, coverflats, collectorcards and other goodies including this wonderful and very appropiate button:
I close this month with utter frustration of not having received Midnight Rising by Lara Adrian yet. I pre-ordered it, it was released on March 25th and I still haven’t got it. I did the same with Midnight Awakening (the previous book) and got it the day after release but unfortunately no such luck with Midnight Rising.
And this is one of the few books I really was anxiously anticipating. Usually I have previous books of a series on the TBR-pile but not with the Midnight Breed Series, I have read the previous three and am dying to continue…
I start April right in the middle of my second Shannon McKenna book: STANDING IN THE SHADOWS and I can say that’s a very nice start and I hope April will be as good a reading-month as March has been.