2010 challenges have been coming out of the woodworks since the start of December and I have decided to join quite a few, but I’ve decided to also host one of my own. Regular blog visitors and people who know me, know Contemporary Romance is one of my favorite subgenres within romance.
While searching and coming across challenges to join for 2010, I didn’t find the contemporary romance reading challenge I was looking for. And what do you do when you don’t find what you’re looking for?
You create it yourself. So here it is…and I hope you will join me in the Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge 2010!
Before I list the details, I do want to make one thing clear: by contemporary romance I mean straight contemporary, so without paranormal, fantasy or time-travel elements. Sexy, steamy contemporaries are eligible and so are category romances. (i.e. Harlequin Blaze, Harlequin Presents, Harlequin Super Romances, Silhoutte Desires, etc.)
1. Read at least 10 contemporaries between January 1, 2010 and December 31, 2010
2. You don’t have to pre-select your books, you can just add them as you go. Even if you list them now, you can change the list if needed. Nothing is set in stone! Also, the books you choose can crossover into or from other challenges you are participating in.
3. Feel free to grab the button below for the sidebar of your blog. It would be great if you would link it back to this post so others can find their way back to this post and join the challenge.
4. If you decide to join this challenge be sure to create a post telling others and feel free to add a link back to this post so others can join in the fun.
5. I will be creating review posts where you can link your own reviews, but reviews are optional.
Find below the “work-in-progress”-list of my books for this challenge. Some have been and will be put in the list beforehand, others will be added along the way in the course of next year.
THE LIST: (in random order)
01. Kristan Higgins – Fools Rush In
02. Julie James – Something About You – Click HERE for my review
03. Julia London – Summer of Two Wishes
04. Lisa Kleypas – Sugar Daddy
05. Carly Phillips – Cross My Heart
06. Deidre Knight – Butterfly Tattoo
07. Jill Shalvis – Slow Heat – Click HERE for my review
08. Deirdre Martin – Straight Up – Review coming soon!
09. Vivian Arend – Rocky Mountain Heat and Rocky Mountain Haven – Review coming soon!
10. Louisa Edwards – Can’t Stand the Heat
HAVE FUN and HAPPY READING!
<a href=”http://pearl72.blogspot.com/2009/12/contemporary-romance-reading-challenge.html” target=”_blank”><img border=”0″ alt=”Pearl’s Contemporary Romance Reading Challenge” src=”http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v427/MaggieBdC/overig/ButtonCRC2010.jpg” /></a><br/>
When signing up below for Mr Linky, please add the direct link to your post where your Contemporary Romance books will be listed as it makes it much easier for others to find.
If you don’t have a blog, just leave the URL blank.
If you have trouble signing up below, please leave the name you want posted with your bloglink in the comments of this post or email them to me via this Contact Form