The first in a sensational new series, Jill Shalvis introduces Cameron, Stone, and T.J. Wilder—three bad-boy heroes who effortlessly mix breathtaking adventure and scorching sex appeal…
Get Wild…And Then Get Wilder…
Accountant Katie Kramer is a quintessential good girl—working hard, recycling diligently, all the while trying to ignore the feeling that she doesn’t fit in anywhere. That’s all she wants. Well, that—and amazing sex, and the kind of daredevil escapade she can look back on when she’s crunching numbers in a dusty cubicle. Which explains why she just took a job in Wishful, California, working for Wilder Adventures and Expeditions. Waking up to find a magnificently built stranger towering over her bed—that part defies explanation…
After wandering the planet for months following a life-changing accident, Cameron Wilder has come back to the only home he knows. Under other circumstances, he might be thrilled to find a gorgeous woman sleeping in his cabin, but now, while he’ll risk his body taking clients on adrenaline-drenched excursions, his heart is off limits. Still, Katie’s killer smile triggers something deep in his gut…among other places. Showing her how exhilarating it can be to stop balancing her life as if it was a checkbook is the biggest rush he’s ever felt—and an adventure Katie’s wishing would never end. . .
Title: Instant Attraction
Author: Jill Shalvis
Series: Wilder Adventures, book 1
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Year of release: 2009
First line:“Live life balls out,” Katie Kramer told herself every night, and even though she didn’t own a pair, she hoped the mantra would keep the nightmares away.
Hero: Cam(eron) Wilder is the youngest Wilder and former snowboarding champion, put out of commission due to a severe accident and beating himself up over it. He is deliciously sarcastic, brooding and tight-lipped.
Heroine: Katie Kramer, accountant. Decided to change her life after surviving an accident she easily could’ve died in. She’s impulsive, feisty, talkative and open.
Writing: Humorous, easy and fast-paced. Jill Shalvis is a master at creating a contemporary vibe I’ve grown to love a lot.
- The humor! I loved the vibe from the very start.
- Cameron and Katie’s witty dialogues. Getting to know Katie and Cam and what makes them tick. The believable, realistic way they explore the sexual tension and chemistry between them.
- The other Wilder brothers: Stone and TJ.
- The texts on Annie’s aprons and the stuff going on between Annie and Nick!
- No distractions from the characters and romance by some suspense plot!
- Small introductory plotline for the next book: the chemistry and explosive interactions/sarcastic banter between Stone and Emma make that I can’t wait to see more of those sparks.
- Katie’s fogging glasses. Do glasses really do that just looking at a hot guy? I think it is supposed to be a funny touch to the story but every time it was mentioned it took me out of the story a bit. Luckily it wasn’t mentioned often.
Verdict: INSTANT ATTRACTION is hilariously laugh-out-loud funny combined with genuine emotions and insecurities. I just can’t express how much I liked this book. All of it. It’s a perfect example of my kind of contemporary romance! Hot and sweet!
Another winner for Jill Shalvis and I’m ready for the next Wilder brother…
Rating: 8.7 out of 10: