Since I’m pressed for time as I’m writing this, as I have still to start packing and we leave in less than 24 hours I’m not going to make it a very long story but instead I’m going to leave you with a few pictures.
The first few are of the house we rented to stay in during the coming week.
The next pictures are of the pile of books and e-reading devices I’m taking with me because any self-respecting book-addict will surely take this many books, even if you know you will never be able to read them all because:
– The first and the last 3 days of this vacation I will be driving every 2-3 hours
– I will also be going to want to do some sight-seeing during the vacation
– I’m taking my DVDs of seasons 1 & 2 of Prison Break with me too, so the spare hours won’t be just spent reading
– I have a hubby going with me who grows restless if we spend more than an hour just lounging about, reading…
– Do you see the e-reader and the iPad? Print books will not be the only books read on this vacation!
Still, this was the best I could do in terms of keeping myself in check since I always lose control with the amount of books I bring with me when we go on a car vacation. With airplanes I have the baggage restrictions which are just torture as I MUST make choices and limit myself to a certain amount. When we go on holiday by car…The limitations are so much less…I always go crazy…
During my vacation very few reviews will be posted. If there are any posted they will most likely be back-logged reviews as I’m still trying to play catch up on my to-be-written reviews, and sadly I didn’t make my goal of having caught up before going on holiday.
When I get back, I have 3 days to prepare my departure to New York City for RWA Nationals 2011. In these 3 days I must unload, unpack, do laundry, buy last-minute necessities, buy goodies for my giveaway gift-bags, repack, schedule some stuff on the blog and then I’m off again to what I’ve come to consider the event I’ve been most anticipating ever since I booked the flight in January and registered for it in February.
But for now I’m going to enjoy a very much deserved and relaxing vacation with my hubby. By the time you’re reading this hubby and I are probably nearing the border between France and Spain so take care and see you in a little less than 2 weeks!